If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please contact us.
- Where can I find your products?
- What are the warranty terms?
- How do I know which LongReach™ Pruner to get?
- What is the difference between the LongReach™ Pruner Heads?
- Are the blades on the saws replaceable?
- Can you sharpen the blade? How?
- How can I maximize the life of my tool?
- What is the difference between chemical nickel and hard chrome plating?
- What is impulse hardening?
- What is Marquench hardening?
- I have a really old ARS tool that I can't find on the website. Is it still possible to get parts / replacement blades for it?
- Why are the ZK and ZT series LongReach™ Pruners discontinued?
Where can I find your products?
GrowTech, Inc. is proud to be the exclusive ARS agent for North America, and as such is set up for distribution. This site is designed to present the entire ARS line available. Our products are available through professional supply houses, catalog houses, and better garden centers that sell into the professional green industry. You can also purchase our products online. Simply enter the product number in your favorite search engine, and several choices should appear. For your convenience, we have partnered with www.wood-avenue.com, an online retailer offering our entire line including all spare parts. You can also contact us for additional assistance in locating a dealer in your area.
How do I know which LongReach™ Pruner to get?
What is the difference between the LongReach™ Pruner Heads?
- The Razor Edge head is the basic bypass blade set similar to that on a hand pruner. This is the most popular type of blade set. To get the Razor Edge head, make sure there is a "180" in the product number.
- The Cut & Hold blade set is the exact same blade from the 180 set, but with an extra device screwed into the blades, one on the cutting blade, and one on the counter blade. This devise is designed to hold the material after the cut. This is popular for fruit harvesting, interiorscape in malls, and even water gardening. The holding device will limit the amount of material that the blade can grab, so the cut capacity is slightly smaller on a blade with the cut & hold attachment. Units with this blade set have a "160" in the product number.
- The Shearing Head or Super Trimmer is a longer head designed for manicuring and shaping trees and shrubs, not for cutting branches. The blade is similar to that of a hedge shear, and is designed for thinner twigs and material so it has a smaller cutting capacity as well (usually about 1/4 inch). Units with this blade set will have a "190" in the product number.
Are the blades on the saws replaceable?
Can you sharpen the blade? How?
- For Pruners and Shears: Use a very hard whetstone and follow basic sharpening instructions. We recommend the ARS whetstone AC-SS240 because it is specifically shaped to fit inbetween the pruner blades so you do not have to dis-assemble the pruners to sharpen them.
- For Saws: You can use the ARS Sharpening File (AC-9F10) to file most of the saw blades. Impulse hardened blades cannot be resharpened. Follow the basic sharpening instructions included with the file.
How can I maximize the life of my tool?
What is the difference between chemical nickel and hard chrome plating?
I have a really old ARS tool that I can't find on the website. Is it still possible to get parts / replacement blades for it?
Why are the ZK and ZT series LongReach™ Pruners discontinued?